|40% DISCOUNT WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
Invite your students to listen to folk artists of Mexico and Guatemala tell their own stories in this popular three-part series. They will delight in learning about the customs and family traditions that are a source of inspiration for the folk art of the gente del sol (the people of the sun). Your students will relate to the playful images and patterned textiles, which depict everyday life and special events that occur in the villages. Gente del Sol is a series of comprehensive units.
Preview a Video Clip of this program: PC or Mac
You and your students will enjoy:
- Over 250 vibrant color images portray the native artists and their artwork in three complete still-frame video programs. Each program is approximately 23 minutes in length.
- An entertaining narrative written especially for children introduces students to native customs and the art of each culture.
- Three fully-developed art activities are demonstrated by students as they paint, weave, and create yarn paintings. Guaranteed to nurture imagination and creativity.
- Interdisciplinary activities include legends, writing activities, and vocabulary, which are featured in three reproducible student booklets.
- Aesthetic questions inspire lively discussion and reflection about multicultural issues.
- Three Teacher's Guides complete with art lessons, discussion questions, vocabulary, materials lists, and assessment tools consistent with the National Standards are included.
- National Visual Art Standards and Achievement Standards for grades 3-8 are provided in the student booklets.
See Product Detail