|40% DISCOUNT WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
Imagine taking your students on a trip through the artistic renaissance of Haitian art. Experience the vitality that represents a blend of cultural influences, where native Caribbean, Spanish, French, African, and North American cultures meet to create a fresh form of expression.
Preview a Video Clip of this program: PC or Mac
You and your students will enjoy:
- An energetic video program that shows over fifty vibrant works of Haitian paintings, flags, and metal cut-outs. Program length: 30 minutes.
- A captivating narrative written especially for students introduces the history, daily life, beliefs, and customs of the Haitian people.
- Three art activities, including festival masks, cut-paper designs, and flags, stimulate imagination and nurture creativity.
- Interdisciplinary activities include legends, proverbs, writing activities, and vocabulary, which are provided in a reproducible student booklet.
- Aesthetic questions challenge your students to discuss contemporary issues about culturally diverse works of art.
- A Teacher's Guide complete with art lessons, discussion questions, vocabulary, materials lists, interdisciplinary lessons, timeline, and assessment tools is included.
- National Visual Art Standards for grades 4-12 are provided in the student booklets.
See Product Detail